About our Project:
The Recyclebot is a 3D printing filament extruder device capable of converting plastic to 3-D printing filament. The purpose of this project is to help reduce plastic waste by using recycled plastic to create 3D printer filament.
- The entire device will have design files originated entirely from free and open source software.
- The device shall have a means of melting and extruding plastic pellets.
- The device shall have a means of cooling the extruded plastic.
- The device shall have a means of measuring the extruded plastic to ensure the diameter stays constant.
- The device shall be capable of guiding the filament and winding it onto a spool.
- The device shall have an adjustable hopper size and shape.
- The device shall have embedded features for cable management.
- The device can use recycled plastic to make 3d-printer filament.
- The device can be controlled with a program interface rather than manual hand tuning.
In progress – motors are controlled by Arduino instead of manually
- The device will have heating control integrated with the program interface.
- The device will be able to create commercial grade filament.
- Modify Arduino code to implement control of DC spool motor
- Experiment with alternative hopper design prototypes
- Implement temperature reading into Arduino code to display on OLED display
- Implement filament diameter reading into Arduino code to display on OLED display
|Research paper about the original Recyclebot||Research Paper|
|OSF repository from original Recyclebot||OSF Repository|
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.